Enjoy paddling your sea kayak out through the surf and later ride some of Australia’s most famous Byron Bay waves. Get up close and personal with our friendly bottlenose dolphins and discover how inquisitive they can be. Spot sea turtles as they come up for a breath of air. Marvel at the size of the majestic humpback whales as they migrate through Australia’s beautiful Byron Bay. Pull into one of our pristine beaches for morning or afternoon tea which consists of: Coffee, tea, Milo, bottled water, and Tim-Tams. This should be more than enough to get you back into the action! Cape Byron Kayaks is Byron Bay’s original dolphin kayaking experience established in 1995.
Our guides are kayakers, surfers, self-proclaimed local historians, and excellent watermen. They know Byron Bay well and are the best guides in the business. With that in mind, you can relax and be guided around Byron Bay in our two people, sit-on-top-style sea kayaks, that are designed for ease of operation and stability. No prior experience is necessary. Your safety and enjoyment are our priorities. We supply all safety gear: Lifejackets, helmets, and wetsuits (if necessary), and free pick-up from your accommodation.
Please note that Child Rates are up to 12 years of age
Tours / Times
8:30am – 11:30am
1:00pm – 4:00pm
- Winter (May – August)
10:00am – 1:00pm
1:30pm – 4:30pm
Where we go
- We leave from Clarks Beach and follow the coastline out to the Cape
- We catch up with our dolphin friends at Wategos Beach
- We stop at Wategos Beach for a morning tea / afternoon tea
- We surf the waves
- We keep you entertained the whole time making your experience a safe and memorable one
- All safety gear and equipment including life jackets, wetsuits and helmets.
- Access to tour photos. All photos on CBK Facebook page
- Kayak surfing
- Morning or afternoon tea with all the Tim Tams you can eat and hot and cold drinks
- Access to Cape Byron Headland National Park
- Dolphin guarantee – if you don’t see a dolphin you can come again for free!
- No experience required
- Whale season May – November
- Pick up / Drop off from accommodation
What to bring
- Water bottle
- Waterproof camera
- Towel for afterwards
We provide wetsuits if required.
Opposite 62 Lawson St
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.