The complete reef and island experience awaits with this exciting tour. Take a fast 45 minute catamaran ride to beautiful Green Island and enjoy two hours on this unique reef and rainforest coral cay. Then, you’ll depart Green Island to continue your day of adventure and discovery with 3 hours on board Great Adventures spacious activity platform moored on the majestic Outer Great Barrier Reef.
Green Island is a beautiful 6000 year old coral cay located in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park – a premier world heritage site and one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. Grab your snorkel gear and head to the Lifeguard patrolled beach to explore the marine world off the beach, take a stroll thru the unique tropical rainforest, laze on the white coral sand beach or take part in some of the optional activities that Green Island has to offer*.
Outer Barrier Reef
The stable reef activity platform is the perfect base for swimmers and non-swimmers to explore. Snorkel and/or dive, visit the underwater observatory, cruise in a semi-sub or just relax on the sundeck with a delicious buffet lunch. The vibrant marine life of the reef awaits you.
In addition to your included activities Great Adventures’ activity platform also has a wide range of optional activities to choose from*.
*Some optional activities may not be available due to time constraints.
Included In your Day
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise
- Morning tea & coffee served until departure
- Morning tea cake selection
- Two (2) hours on Green Island
- Three (3) hours on Outer Reef platform
- Snorkelling equipment included at Green Island and the Outer Reef
- Lycra/Stinger suit included at the Outer Reef
- Use of buoyancy vests at the pontoon
- Reef education presentation
- Hot and cold buffet lunch
- Semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour
- Underwater observatory
- Guided Eco Reef Talk in the underwater observatory
- Afternoon tea and coffee available whilst at the platform
- Cheese and biscuits on return journey
Activities Included In Your Day
- Green Island Snorkelling
- Great Barrier Reef Snorkelling
- Semi-Sub and Underwater Observatory
- Semi Submarine
- Self Guided Green Island Eco Walk
- Outer Reef Scenic Helicopter Flights
- Great Barrier Reef Snorkelling
- Great Barrier Reef Scuba Diving
- Scuba Doo
Departure and Arrival Times
- Cairns to Green Island for 1 ~2 hour stopover
- Depart Cairns: 8:30
- Arrive Green Island: 9:15
- Green Island to Outer Reef
- Depart Green Island: 11:20
- Arrive Reef: 12:30
- Outer Reef back to Cairns
- Depart Reef: 15:30
- Arrive Cairns: 17:30
Please check-in at the Great Adventures counters inside the Reef Fleet Terminal (1 Spence Street in Cairns) 1 hour before your departure time.
Passengers must check-in at the Great Adventures counter for boarding passes before boarding vessel.
Boarding is 30 minutes prior to departure time.
*EMC:$6.50 per person & $26.00 for family Government Environmental Management Charge (EMC) is payable on check-in.
What to bring
- Swimming costume and beach towel
- Hat, sunscreen and comfortable shoes
- Money for drinks, souvenirs and optional activities
- and a sense of adventure!!
- 4 -14 years are classed as children, and under 4 free, i.e. 3 or below.
- Family fare – maximum of 2 adults and 2 children of the same family. Normal fare applies for additional children. Not applicable with any other discount.
- All schedules, activities and prices may be varied without notice. Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax.
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.