Want to get up close to grey nurse sharks, giant stingrays, moray eels and sea turtles but don’t have any diving experience? This diving experience is great for newbies! Your instructor will teach you the basics and supervise you. An amazing opportunity to get close to majestic marine animals.
- Take the Plunge and dive in at the deep end for the ultimate challenge. Your thrilling underwater guided tour will bring you face-to-face with Grey Nurse Sharks, Sandbar Whaler Sharks, Giant Stingrays and hundreds of exotic fish
- Qualified Tour Guides will ensure your dive is a thrilling, never-to-be forgotten experience
- The dive is suitable for non-divers (a brief resort dive course is included) and certified divers. It makes a great gift for one of your friends or family
- A thrilling 30 minute underwater guided tour bringing you face-to-face with Grey Nurse Sharks, Sandbar Whaler Sharks, Giant Stingrays and hundreds of exotic fish
- All equipment and instruction provided
- General Admission to Melbourne Aquarium
- Dives take place Friday to Monday each week
- There are two sessions per day either the morning at 11amor afternoon at 2.30pm, 3.30pm & 4.30pm
- Divers need to arrive at SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium for their dive brief 15mins prior
- Operating hours are subject to change without notice
What to Bring
- Sense of adventure
- Certified divers need to have their certification cards & log books
- Vouchers must be printed and presented at SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium
- All divers must be over the age of 15 years
- Divers MUST be able to speak English (for health and safety reasons non-English speakers are unable to dive with sharks)
- Do not drink alcohol the night before you dive
- Do not fly in an aircraft within 24 hours after your dive
- Divers must be able to lift and walk with approx. 35kg
- Divers must be in good health
- Some medical restrictions apply
Terms & Conditions
- Divers must arrive at SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium at least 30 minutes prior to their scheduled briefing time to be checked in for their dive.
- 11am divers are required onsite at 9:45am for a 10am briefing session.
- 2:30pm, 3:30pm & 4:30pm divers are required onsite at 12:30pm for a 1pm briefing session.
- Late arrival or failure to attend the allocated briefing session will result in non-admittance and will forfeit your dive session. All dives are non-refundable and will incur a rescheduling fee.
- Shark Dives are non-refundable, however your voucher can be transferred to another person.
- SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium will refuse admittance to any person who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol or behaving badly in an offensive or uncooperative manner.
- Personal underwater cameras are not permitted on Shark Dive Xtreme.
- Please note: As we cannot predict how the animals will behave for every dive, this experience cannot guarantee that a shark will approach every diver in the tank.
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.