This “Urban Adventure” is a spectacular way to experience the sights of Melbourne from a unique water level perspective. Melbourne’s Yarra River is an excellent location for new paddlers to experience kayaking for the first time, or for experienced kayakers to enjoy a stunning paddle through Melbourne’s scenic waterways. No kayaking experience is needed to enjoy the tour, our patient guides will be with you every step of the way. We use a fleet of fibreglass Sea Bear sea kayaks, which are extremely stable and easy to operate.
The tour meets just before sunset in Victoria Harbour, part of the modern Docklands precinct in the west end of the city. After a short safety briefing and paddling technique session on dry land we set off for an exploration of the sights in Victoria Harbour before tying up to a dock in a beautiful marina. The guests stay seated in the boats and are served fish n chips for a very special “on-the-water” dining experience. (We can provide vegetarian and gluten free options if needed).
After our meal we continue our tour upstream, under the Bolte Bridge and through to Melbourne’s lively downtown. Kayaking past the Crown Casino and alongside stylish Southbank, we time the tour to coincide with the dramatic “fire-ball” display. We continue past Flinders Street Railway Station and beneath historic Princes Bridge before arriving at the approach to Melbourne’s sporting precinct. Enjoy the sights and sounds from your unique vantage point as the sun goes down and the city comes to life.
Our tour ends at the boat landing area at the Rowing Sheds, right in the heart of Melbourne, and directly across the river from Federation Square. What an incredible way to experience Melbourne!
Tour runs Wed – Sun (Oct-May) and Fri – Sun (Jun-Sep)
- 4:45pm Apr 1, 2018 – Sep 30, 2018
- 5:45pm Oct 1, 2018 – Oct 31, 2018
- 6:45pm Nov 1, 2018 – Feb 28, 2019
- 5:45pm Mar 1, 2019 – Apr 6, 2019
- It takes about 2.5 hours to complete the tour of which 2 hours is actual paddling time.
- All paddling accessories, waterproof bags and bottle of water.
What to bring
- A sun hat, sunscreen and sunglasses especially during the warmer months. You can wear your normal street clothes but you may want to bring a change of clothes if you are going out afterwards.
- We need a minimum of 4 people for the tour to run.
Meet on the wharf at the Community Hub at The Dock, 912 Collins St, Docklands. The tour ends at the Parks Victoria landing at the rowing sheds directly across the Yarra River from Federation Square.
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.