This tour runs all year round, the night sky changes throughout the seasons and although it is a bit colder, winter time is one of the best times of the year to see the Milky Way in the Southern Hemisphere.
The highlight of this tour is having “Dinner Under the Stars” in the spectacular Pinnacles Desert. The night sky above the Pinnacles is stunning and you can get a close up look at the stars and planets through our telescope and attach your smart phone to the telescope to try your hand at Astrophotography.
We also visit the Swan Valley to sample wine, chocolate and honey and go sand surfing in Lancelin as part of this tour.
We specialise in small group tours using our modern 12-seater Renault bus so please book early to avoid missing out.
- Swan Valley
Your tour starts with a quick trip to the Swan Valley to see the Gombok Gallery Sculpture Park which is the largest privately owned art gallery in Western Australia. There is an amazing display of sculptures in the park as well as Australian artwork in the galleries. Then you get to sample wine and fresh produce at Coward and Black, a multi award winning boutique winery. Right next door is the Margaret River Chocolate Factory where you can sample free chocolates and buy some of their famous produce. Just in case you haven’t had enough sweet treats, the next stop is the House of Honey where you can sample their wide range of locally made honey.
- Sand Surfing in Lancelin
Experience the thrill of sand boarding at one of Australia’s premier sand boarding destinations, the Lancelin Sand Dunes. You will be impressed by the pure white sand and be awestruck by the giant sand dunes that can be up to three storeys high. We have our own custom made sand boards for you to use and we also send up our Mavic Pro Drone to capture all of the action from the air. Put the DJI Goggles on and you can experience what the drone sees flying over the sand dunes.
- Ngilgen Lookout
We now head north along the Indian Ocean Drive to The Ngilgen Lookout, a beautiful picnic spot overlooking the surrounding nature reserves and the Indian Ocean. We stop here during wildflower season to do a short walk along the wildflower walking trail.
- Pinnacles and Nambung National Park
After visiting the lookout, we head further north to The Pinnacles desert, a very unique Australian landscape. We get there late in the afternoon which is one of the best times to photograph the Pinnacles where the shadows of the Pinnacles create remarkable patterns and shapes that ripple over the desert sands. There are walking trails and an observation deck overlooking the Pinnacles desert.
There will be plenty of time to walk through the Pinnacles landscape and we will have a picnic dinner on the observation deck under the stars.
While we are here we will also stop and have a look at a Quandong Tree (Wild Peach) which was used by the local Aboriginals for food and medicine and the fruit is also a favourite with the resident emu population.
- Star Gazing
After dinner, it’s now time to slow down and unwind under the stars of the stunning outback night sky. We have a telescope and spotting scopes which will allow you to get a close up view of the stars and some of the planets. You can even attach your smart phone to the telescope to take some stunning photos of the nightsky.
Using a laser guide your tour guide will point out items of interest in the sky and you can hear stories of the Aboriginal Dream Time relating to the night sky. Look out for the Milky Way and see if you can spot the giant scorpion, the kangaroo or the emu in the sky. You may also see planets such as Saturn and Jupiter depending on the time of year and if you are lucky, get may get to make a wish upon a falling star.
We provide dinner under the stars where you get to sample fresh produce from Margaret River and the Swan Valley including our famous Western Ausrtalian wines. Please let us know if you have any specific dietary requirements.
- Tour Commentary
Your tour guide has an extensive knowledge of the local wildlife and vegetation as well as some of the history of the areas you will see. He can show you some of the plants traditionally used by the local Aborigines for food and medicine as well as tell you about some of the many shipwrecks off the Turquoise Coast from the early European Explorers.
- Entry to Gombok Gallery
- Dinner and dessert under the stars
- Entry fees to national parks
- Sand sleds
- Depart Perth from your pick-up location (pick-ups between 11am and 12pm) and then a 25 minute drive to the Swan Valley to see the Gombok Sculpture Park, Coward and Black Winery, Margaret River Chocolate Factory and the House of Honey.
- Head north to Lancelin to go Sand surfing in the Lancelin sand dunes.
- Drive along the spectacular Indian Ocean Drive to the Ngilgen Lookout to see wildflowers in season.
- Pinnacles desert at sunset, dinner and dessert under the stars
- Star Gazing
- Time to drop you back to your accommodation, home by around 11pm
Tour Departure Time
- Departs every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday between 11am -12.30pm depending on the time of year
What to bring
- Camera or phone to take photos
- A hat, sunscreen and good walking shoes
- Warm clothes for the evening as the Pinnacles desert can be very cold later in the day
- A small bottle of water
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.