The Tour departs from Adelaide at Approximately 8:00 am, picking you up from the comfort of an Adelaide CBD hotel. The bus meanders down through the Adelaide Hills to the Fleurieu Peninsula, eventually to Victor Harbor. We recommend a quick coffee, a bite to eat or even a Horse Drawn Tram Ride before the tour starts off at 2pm.
This breathtaking 90 minute tour departs from the Granite Island Causeway and cruises between the mainland and the northern side of Granite Island, affording spectacular views of both the Victor Harbor shoreline and the island. Once past the breakwater The Big Duck picks up its pace. Seal Rock is the first stop, where New Zealand Fur Seals and Australian Sea Lions bask in the sun between fishing forays and swimming out to the boat for a sticky-beak! Then on past the huge granite boulders of Wright Island and the Bluff, with Shark Alley in between where your guide talks about the whaling history of the area.
Many visitors to Victor Harbor never venture past Petrel Cove on the western side of The Bluff, but this is where passengers on The Big Duck are in for a real treat! West Island is a Conservation Park, complete with a research hut used by the universities and park rangers. From the back of the island another colony of seals and sea lions can be found basking on the rocks and swimming in the shallows. Seabirds abound in this remote area and often pods of Common and Bottlenose Dolphins can be spotted playing or feeding. The Big Duck heads further west past the darkly spectacular cliffs of Kings Beach and Waitpinga before turning around and heading back to Granite Island Causeway
Cruising through the Encounter Marine Park where we also view whales during the winter months when they migrate from Antarctica to the warm waters of Encounter Bay. Whale Season June-September, max approach distance for whales is 300 metres.
After the tour has finished, the bus will be waiting to take you back to your hotel after a day well spent in the township of Victor Harbor.
- Hotel Return Transfer
- 90 Minute Cruise
- All Meals or Snacks and Drinks
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.