Step inside an iconic landmark
The Sydney Opera House is one of the world’s most recognisable landmarks and this is your chance to truly get up-close. Run your hands over the world-famous shell tiles, take a seat in the elegant custom-made white birch timber chairs and marvel at the vaulted ceilings. Visit areas off-limits to the public and capture photographs from rare vantage points. Explore theatres and foyers where more than 1600 concerts, operas, dramas and ballets take place each year.
Discover the story and keep a memento
Be led through every aspect of the building’s 14-year creation and 58-year history. Delve into the stories behind Danish architect Jørn Utzon’s masterpiece. What inspired his revolutionary design? How did he solve its engineering challenges to realise his vision? You’ll find out on this very special one-hour guided tour.
At the end of the tour, you will have the opportunity to purchase a photo memento in an exclusive Sydney Opera House memory book. In this book, you will also be given access to unlimited digital copies of your exclusive tour photos.
- 1 Hour Sydney Opera House tour (English)
This time is from when one of our guides meets guests from the Welcome Centre, through to the end of the tour which finishes in the Opera House Entry Foyer.
- Tours run daily from 9am-5pm. Once you have received your voucher, please call the tour operator to book a tour time (Tour operator details will be printed on your voucher)
- Tours go for approx 1 hour
- Extra 5:30pm and 6.00pm tours daily during VIVID (26 MAY to 17 JUNE 2017)
What you should know before you go?
- Wear comfortable shoes, as this is a walking tour with 200+ steps.
- We stage lots of live performances, so venues are subject to availability at the time of your tour.
- If you have mobility concerns, you may wish to take an Access Tour, which are available daily at 12pm.
- We can’t store suitcases or large bags, however you can contact the nearest storage facility on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Videoing is not allowed.
- There are plenty of photo opportunities – your tour guide will advise you if photos are not to be taken at any point.
What Time do I need to arrive before my tour?
- It’s a great idea to arrive early, grab a drink and soak up the view. Please arrive 15 minutes before your tour to allow sufficient time to cloak any large bags.
- This should allow enough time for the mandatory visual inspections and/or cloaking of bags and personal belongings by Opera House security staff before starting your tour.
- Where possible, please leave bags at home. Please note we are unable to cloak bags larger than A4 size.
What can I bring with me on the tour?
- Where possible, please do not bring bags to the Sydney Opera House. Bags larger than A4 size will need to be cloaked before you can go on the tour.
- Cameras are allowed on the tour although photography may be restricted in certain areas due to company privacy. Please note there is no video filming on the tour.
- Mobile phones are permitted on the tour however must be switched off or on silent for the duration of the tour.
What should I wear?
- So long as you’re wearing shoes and a shirt, whatever you like. We’re pretty informal here at the Opera House. There’s no real dress code for for tours, so you’ll fit right in with casual attire.
- You’ll be on your feet for a guided tour, there are over 300 stairs, so flat comfortable shoes are recommended. Your feet will thank you!
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.