Tongarra offers a 2-day 2-night social sailing experience that’s perfect for the young, fun and adventurous backpacker. The all-inclusive package visits the best destinations in the Whitsundays including Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet Lookout and snorkelling at pristine locations on the fringing Great Barrier Reef. The experienced crew are handpicked for their knowledgeable and friendly attitude and happily prepare top-quality fresh meals on the BBQ. Guests can also enjoy a banana boat ride for an added adrenaline rush and adventure with friends.
Tongarra has an outstanding reputation for being great value for money and exceeding expectations. So, grab your swimwear, iPod and camera and enjoy a few drinks while we show you around the Whitsunday Islands.
- “Red Shark” banana boat for optional water sports
- Option to sleep “under the stars”
- Massive deck space for sunbathing
- Stable catamaran & hands on sailing experience
- Experienced and knowledgeable crew
- Enjoy snorkelling pristine fringing Great Barrier reefs
- Visit Whitehaven Beach and Hill inlet Lookout
- Great value for money and will exceed expectations
- 2017 Multi Award winning product for Tour and Transport Operator and Adventure Tourism
- Young, fun and sociable sailing adventure
Suitable for ages 18 – 35 years only
- Day 1
Tongarra Whitsundays tour departs from Abell Point Marina at 2.30pm. Enjoy a beautiful sunset sail out to the Whitsunday Islands and get to know your new friends. A freshly home-cooked meal will be provided while you socialise on the front deck with a few drinks before sleeping under the stars (or in a cabin, if you wish).
- Day 2
Wake up next to the world-famous Whitehaven Beach and enjoy a guided walk to Hill Inlet Lookout. Snorkel on the fringing Great Barrier Reef amongst our beautiful marine and coral life. If you are into water sports, try our customised banana boat with your friends!
- Day 3
Enjoy one last snorkel and a banana boat ride and sail your way back into Airlie Beach across the beautiful Whitsunday passage for a midday return.
*While we try our best to fulfil our planned itinerary, please understand that tide and weather conditions sometimes result in us visiting alternate locations to ensure a more enjoyable trip for our passengers.
- Fresh clean linen
- Free use of snorkelling equipment
- All meals plus morning and afternoon snacks
- Tea and coffee
- We provide the eskies and you provide the ice
- Learn to sail and snorkel
What to bring
Pack a small soft zipless bag and include:
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, towel and a hat
- Practical clothing and footwear (warmer items during winter)
- Underwater camera
- iPod with your favourite music
- BYO alcohol (no glass or red wine, please)
- A sense of fun and adventure!
Tongarra Whitsundays menu:
- Breakfast: Fresh breads, selection of honey, peanut butter, Vegemite, jams, fresh fruit platter, muesli or cornflakes, and tea or coffee
- Lunch: Cold meats, cheese, tuna salad, garden salad, fresh bread/rolls/wraps
- Dinner: (First night) Herbed BBQ white fish on a bed of mashed potato served with coleslaw
- Dinner: (Second night) Tasty spaghetti bolognaise with garlic bread
- Snacks: Fresh fruit, biscuits, cake selection, chips and dips
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.