The Ultimate Outer Great Barrier Reef Trip
This incredible full day experience lets you enjoy an outstanding range of interactive Great Barrier Reef Adventures.
The day trip to our pontoon departs Airlie Beach and Hamilton Island every day, journeying past spectacular islands enroute to the outer Great Barrier Reef.
Once at the reef, board our incredible interactive pontoon and spend the day exploring the colourful underwater world of magnificent corals, colourful fish and marine life.
Highlights & Inclusions
- Unbelievable snorkelling with all gear provided
- Guided snorkelling tours (Additional cost)
- Introductory and certified diving (Additional cost)
- Scenic helicopter flights (Additional cost)
- An innovative and spacious reef pontoon
- Underwater viewing chamber
- All you can eat buffet lunch
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Presentations by reef experts
- FREE wetsuit and stinger suit usage
- Sun deck for topping up your tan
- Massage (Additional cost)
Cruise Whitsundays operates a range of comfortable cruising vessels to the Great Barrier Reef. All of our vessels are high speed catamarans with spacious air conditioned lounges, large outer viewing decks, bars serving refreshments and comfortable seating.
All this sea air makes you hungry! Throughout the day curb your hunger with morning and afternoon tea and a sumptuous buffet lunch. Fish D’Vine, a leading restaurant from Airlie Beach supply our catering, taking care to base the menu on seasonality and the best produce available. Free tea and coffee is available and there is also a bar onboard serving a full range of alcoholic and soft drinks.
What to bring
- Swimwear and towel
- Protective clothing, hat and sunscreen lotion
- Your camera and a sense of fun!
- Light jacket/sweater for windy or cool days
- Money/credit card for optional purchases such as dives, massages or a helicopter flight
Daily Departure & Return Times
Port of Airlie
- Departs: 8:00am, Return: 6:10pm
- Departs: 9:00am, Return: 5:00pm
Introductory Dive – $139, Second Intro Dive – $59
See the reef the best way – up close and personal – by diving right in. There’s no experience necessary
We specialise in introducing first timers to the wonders of the underwater world – even if they’re nervous. The dive can be hand-held if you prefer – or offer you the freedom to swim alongside the group if you’re feeling more adventurous. The depth will vary from 1 metre to 12 metres, depending entirely on your comfort level.
The Hardy Reef pontoon has been designed with first-time divers in mind, with a swimming pool-like area to start the dive. Here you can stand up in waist-deep water and get used to breathing underwater before embarking on your reef adventure.
Certified Dives – $99, Second Cert Dive – $59
Our experienced Dive Masters will guide you in a small group of no more than 4-5 divers around some of our favourite parts of the reef.
While you’re there you’ll have time to do two dives so even if you go for a day trip with family the diving isn’t going to interrupt your day out.
Our focus as a company is always on nice slow dives with lots of interpretation of marine life. We think even the most knowledgeable diver will learn something. Hey, if we’re lucky maybe you’ll teach us something too.
Snorkel Safari – Snorkel Safari (Adult) – $59, Snorkel Safari (Child) -$35, Snorkel Safari Family (2A+2C) -$160
Discover the reef and its wonders by getting up close and personal. We take small groups (of up to five people) and show them our favourite parts of Hardy Reef.
During the 30 minute “Snorkel Safari” you’ll learn how the reef was formed, how coral feeds, grows and breeds as well as seeing some very special inhabitants – from parrotfish to magnificent anemones, cleaner wrasse and of course, anemone fish (Nemo!).
If you’re new to snorkelling, then a snorkel safari is also a terrific way to ease a few of those first-time nerves. Our guide will be in the water with you the whole time, holding your hand if need be. On the other hand, if you’re a confident snorkeller, then you’ll find that the more you learn about the reef, the more fascinating everything you see becomes.
Above Optional Activities can be purchased on aboard.
- Subject to availability – please note that we will send you the voucher or product within the indicated working day(s) after payment. If product is fully booked or sold out, full refund will be granted.
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Guests must reconfirm their bookings at least 48 hours prior to their tour departing
- No refund, If you late or no show on the date of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date.
- If you cancel more than 10 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 6 and 9 calendar days prior to the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the transaction total.
- If you cancel within 5 calendar days of the scheduled departure or commencement time/date, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the transaction total. These cancellation terms are subject to change without notice and can be dependent on the individual tour operator/supplier.
- Please Note: If mentioned above, the supplier’s cancellation policy will take precedence over Crazy Aussie Australia’s cancellation policy. Refer to Terms and Conditions for further information.